Terms & Conditions
Burghley Admission and Event Tickets - Conditions of Sale and Entry
When you purchase a Ticket or Annual Pass you agree to the terms and conditions of sale, set out below:
1. Once purchased, Day Tickets, Event Tickets and Annual Passes cannot be refunded or returned.
2. Day Tickets and Event Tickets and are valid on the date/time specified only.
3. Annual Passes are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and allow unlimited entry throughout our open season. The individual/s listed at the time of purchase will be registered as Annual Pass holders and may be asked to show proof identity on arrival. Excludes admission to Events. The House is open daily (excluding Fridays) until 29 October 2023, reopening 16 March 2024. Gardens and Adventure Play are open daily until 29 October 2023 (excluding 31 August to 3 September) and weekends only from 4 November to 17 December 2023 (excluding 25 to 26 November), reopening 16 March 2024.
4. Changes to the date and/or entry time of a House, Gardens or Adventure Play Ticket can be made up to 24 hours prior, subject to availability. Event Tickets and Annual Passes are non-transferrable.
5. Once you have printed or received your tickets, please keep them in a safe place as we cannot accept duplicates, copies or other alternative tickets of any kind.
6. Unlawful resale or attempted unlawful resale of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket or Annual Pass without refund or other compensation.
7. All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice.
8. Children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by an adult at all attractions and organised events; during a school visit the teacher is in loco parentis. Accompanying adults are responsible for supervising the children in their care at all times.
9. Visitors are reminded that for technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed, or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. Burghley reserves the right to change the programme of attractions and entertainment if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
10. All attractions will remain open, and events will take place whatever the weather unless weather conditions pose a health and safety risk to our visitors and staff. We will make every effort to reschedule events or refund tickets should we close for reasons of health and safety.
11. In the event of a cancellation or closure, Burghley accepts no responsibility for travel, accommodation and any other associated costs.
12. Burghley is an inclusive organisation, and we value and respect the diversity of our visitors, communities and our colleagues. Any behaviour towards our colleagues or other visitors which contradicts this will not be tolerated, and visitors will be asked to leave.
13. Burghley reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse entry or admission or to remove from Burghley any visitor.
14. Complimentary parking at Burghley applies to all visitors. This includes coaches and mini-buses.
15. Burghley accepts no responsibility for any personal property.
16. Photography is allowed for non-commercial private use only. The use of Drones is not permitted anywhere at Burghley.
17. We cannot allow large bags or rucksacks into the house. We do offer a safe storage area for bags. Please ask a member of staff on arrival.
18. Burghley reserves the right to search the bag(s) of any visitor entering Burghley House, Gardens and Adventure Play, or any other event being held on the Burghley Estate. Failure to comply with a request for such a search may result in entry being refused.
19. Dogs are welcome at Burghley, however, with the exception of registered support dogs, dogs are not permitted in the House, Gardens of Surprises, Sculpture Garden, Adventure Play, Shops or Orangery Restaurant. Support dogs must wear their coloured harness or jacket. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
20. No fires or BBQs are permitted on site under any circumstances.
21. No wedding photoshoots are permitted unless Burghley is the venue for the wedding itself. Anyone arriving for photoshoots will be asked to leave.
22. As a condition of sale, visitors to the Burghley Estate consent to being photographed, filmed or sound recorded for use on TV, websites, social media, DVD, webcast, promotional materials, or other public mediums, as part of the audience, or by security CCTV.