We are close to the A1 and only a mile from the wonderful town of Stamford.
Our full address is
Using a Sat Nav to find us
- Postcode: PE9 3JU
Please note, some Sat Nav systems direct traffic through the Parkland roads which are not accessible by car. Please use the driving directions given below for the best route to the Main Visitor Entrance.
what3words for Main Visitor Entrance: bluffing.shadow.options
Please be aware that some Sat Nav systems provide the incorrect directions using our postcode, we recommend following the directions below.
From the South:
- Take the Stamford B1081 exit on the A1 signposted to Burghley House, turn left on to the B1081 towards Stamford.
- Follow the road alongside the estate wall and continue past the impressive Bottle Lodges gates down towards Stamford town.
- Turn right just past the Bull & Swan Pub and continue for 1 mile along Barnack Road (B1443). You will see the Visitors' Entrance on the right.
From the North:
- Follow the A1 south past Doncaster and Grantham.
- Approximately 30 minutes south of Grantham you will reach the Stamford junction (B1081), signposted to Burghley House.
- Turn left towards Stamford.
- Follow the road past the estate wall and continue past the impressive Bottle Lodges gates towards Stamford town.
- Turn right just past the Bull & Swan Pub and continue for 1 mile along Barnack Road (B1443). You will see the Visitors’ Entrance on the right.
There is no charge for parking at Burghley.
For House and Gardens visitors please follow the signs to the Disabled Parking area which is located close to the House. Disabled Parking for Adventure Play visitors is located in the main Visitor Car Park close to the Adventure Play entrance.
We are installing Electric Vehicle Charging points in our new Visitor Car Park. These will be available from Summer 2023.
By public transport
By Train: Our nearest station is Stamford, approximately half a mile from the entrance to the Parkland and 1.5 miles to Burghley House. Stamford is a cross country link from the mainline from London to Edinburgh via Peterborough. For more information please visit National Rail.
By Bus: A local bus service operated by Delaine stops opposite the Main Visitor Entrance on Barnack Road. From here it is approximately 600m to The House entrance. For more timetables and further information visit Delaine Buses.
By foot or by bike
We'd love you to visit Burghley by foot or by bike. Once you're here, we have bike racks for you to use close to the entrance to the House, Gardens and Adventure Play.