Learning & School Visits
Get ready for a range of fun and engaging educational activities
Burghley is a historical and inspiring venue for learning. The House, Gardens and wider Estate are rich in opportunities to create memorable experiences and spark imaginations.
Choose from a selection of themed days and workshops developed to target specific National Curriculum areas or let us help you pick from a wide range of activity options to create a day tailored to your group's individual requirements.
School visits to Burghley include
- Activities led by fully trained Burghley House Education Team
- Use of appropriate indoor or outdoor classroom areas for activities and picnic lunches
- All equipment and materials
- Full risk assessments for all activities
- Wide range of subjects and locations covered including; history, natural sciences, art and literacy
- Toilet facilities including accessible toilets
- Generous free places allowance for accompanying adults
Price per child per day is £8.50 with a minimum charge of £160.
Self-guided Gardens only visits are available at £5.50 person.
All workshops last approximately 1 hour unless otherwise stated.
Take a look at the range of activities we can offer to different age groups below.
Workshops at your school
Historically themed workshops led by our expert team for schools to enjoy. Burghley's experienced costumed leaders will guide learners through carefully planned sessions - designed to be engaging, enlightening and fun!